Best Remedies for Acne Scars
Acne affects 80% of people between 11 and 30 years of age. Breakouts can leave scars that last even after your pimples have disappeared, resulting in low self-esteem and confidence. However, 暗瘡疤痕 doesn’t have to last forever. You can have clear, healthy skin that is smooth with the correct medical care.
Types of Acne Scars
Ice Pick scar resembles the ice pick shaft where a hole is large at the top and narrows at the point when it penetrates the skin. You’ll find them where your skin is thinner, as on your forehead and top cheekbones. This is one of the common type of acne scars
You can find them on the thicker skin like the lower cheeks and jaw. The skin appears uneven and wavy due to the sloping edges of the indents. Scar tissue fibrosis develops when the acne heals, sinking the skin tissue, creating concave-convex 暗瘡印凹凸洞, and roughening the skin’s surface.
Boxcar scars are indents with more acute edges. Those edges penetrate the flesh deeply. You can see these scars on lower chest and jaw.
Methods to Reduce Acne Scars
Similar to how a sander removes the top layers of wood from a plank, this treatment employs a particular tool that creates friction to remove the top layers of skin.
2. Laser Peeling
The nanosecond laser has many modes to specifically address skin issues and uses an innovative single-pulse 1064 nm Q-switch laser to disperse melanin under the principle of continuous heating. The skin rejuvenation procedure is one of them and is useful in treating acne as well as removing acne scars and markings.
3. Pico Laser
In recent years, the pico picosecond laser has become a highly popular medical aesthetic procedure. Picosecond laser has a faster rate of mending than traditional lasers and significantly lessens pain. As a result, it can speed up the healing process and efficiently get rid of large pores, uneven holes, and acne scars.
Retens Medical Aesthetic Centre located in the centre of Tsim Sha Tsui is known for using various 去暗瘡印 techniques like the Pico laser. Their professional team uses FDA-approved products that are original and genuine. Retens uses Discovery Pico laser instruments for an impressive result.
Regular Home Treatment
- Avoid harmful UV rays that can trigger your melanocytes. Wear sunscreen with SSPF 15 or higher, sunglasses, and cover your face with a cotton cloth or a hat.
- Keep your skin moisturized but avoid oily and greasy moisturizers that attract dirt and clog pores.
- Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated. This also washes out all toxins from the body that may lead to breakouts.
- Also, eat healthy food. seasonal fruits and leafy vegetables are great sources of fibres which can help in reducing breakouts.
How to Prevent Acne
- Don’t squeeze your pimple as your hand carries oil, dirt, and bacteria.
- Follow a healthy skincare routine every day at night after getting over your hectic day.
Contact a dermatologist if you observe frequent breakouts that leave scars behind. Sometimes these scars are mild in redness, but they remain as permanent marks.